Mystery # 8
Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel
The past and future blur together when you, as Nancy Drew, investigate the strange events surrounding the Captain's Cove Amusement Park.
A freak roller coaster accident and a carousel with a mind of its own draw Nancy deep into a dangerous circle of falsehood and fear.
Everyone you meet puts a different spin on the story. Will this merry-go-round ride bring joy...or tears?
You, as Nancy Drew, have just entered a tightening circle of fear and crime as you explore a seaside amusement park that's swirling with secrets.
An antique carousel horse has been stolen. Now, late at night, the merry-go-round takes off on bizarre riderless journeys to nowhere.
Are the painted ponies searching for their missing lead horse, or is there another explanation for the midnight rides?
* You must explore every inch of the Captain's Cove Amusement Park to investigate a series of frightening accidents.
* Examine the inner workings of the antique carousel as you search for who, or what, is behind its mysterious midnight rides.
* Approx 20+ hours of game play
* Ride the carousel as often as you like
* Nancy's laptop helps track progress and get clues.
* New cell phone takes and makes calls anywhere in the game.
* "Phone-a-friend" game hints.
* "Second Chance" option; no need to start over
* Two difficulty settings, Junior and Senior Detective
* Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
* Pentium 200 MHz processor or better
* 16MB RAM
* Approx 160 MB Free Hard Drive Space
* 32 MB DirectX compatible Video Card
* 16-bit DirectX compatible Sound Card
* 8X CD-ROM drive
* Mouse, Speakers
Note: While Windows 7/8 may not be officially supported, chances appear to be good for compatibility provided system drivers are up to date and there are no conflicts with existing software on your system.