Age of Empires Collector's edition includes Age of Empires and the Rise of Rome
Expansion pack plus Age of Empires II with The Conquerors Expansion Pack offering classic Age of Empires gameplay together in one holy grail of strategy PC gaming.
Age of Empires - Gold Edition
Experience all the conflict, intrigue, greed, and power as you create the most
feared and celebrated civilization in history, The Roman Empire.
* From the Stone Age to the Age of Iron, you have over 10,000 years of
real-time evolution to build your tribe into a flourishing empire.
* A fully integrated scenario editor lets you create your own historically
* Choose from sixteen civilizations (including four new civilizations), with
unique technology trees and distinct strengths and weaknesses.
Age of Empires II Gold Edition brings Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion Pack together into one compelling
In Age of Empires II The Age of Kings - sequel to the award-winning Age of
Empires - you have 1000 years to lead your people through the Middle Ages to
Command one of 13 civilizations - Including the Franks, Japanese, Byzantines,
Vikings, Mongols, and Celts. Each has unique attributes, units, buildings, and
technologies based on its historical counterpart.
* Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000
* DVD-ROM DRIVE
* Pentium 166 or higher processor
* 64 MB RAM
* 680 MB of free hard-disk space
* Super VGA monitor supporting 800 x 600 resolution
* 16 MB Graphics card, DirectX 8.1 or higher
* Windows compatible sound card, DirectX 8.1 or higher
* 28.8 modem or higher (recommended) for Internet play
~ Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / Windows 10 Compatibility: While not
officially supported, chances appear to be very good for compatibility provided there are no conflicts with existing software on your system.
Install Tips for Age of Empires Collector's Edition:
1) Windows 10: DirectPlay (Windows legacy feature) is required and
installed automatically in most cases the first time you launch an AOE
game (if not installed beforehand). If using Avast Antivirus please
disable this prior to the DirectPlay install as this appears to
interfere with the DirectPlay install.
2) If setup does not start automatically when you place the Game DVD in DVD-Rom Drive then you will need to double click
on the setup.exe files located on the game Disc to start the install process for each game.